Thursday, September 2, 2010

gratitude and clarity

First of all, thank you. I got an overwhelming, beautiful and heartening response to my previous post. I couldn't ask for sweeter or more eloquent fans. I am moved right back atcha.

Secondly, I want to clarify that I am not thinking of quitting music or the music business. I decided to let you in on the worry and ambivalence that happens in the dark nights of my soul, in the interest of feeling less isolated in there. Thankfully, my mind is still functioning fairly reliably, is dimly but steadily lit, and always gets me to my gigs on time.

This is the greatest job I can imagine. I will probably never learn not to question everything I do, even the things that are clearly right and good. Luckily, this method breeds good songs, if not much comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment